I’m talking about C# code that has been compiled and packaged as a .NET assembly. The older versions of Office used to have a Developer edition that allowed you to create dlls and they certainly performed better, so I’d assume .Net versions have the same benefit.
- It’s the database and hierarchical structure that stores all of Windows settings for the OS and most installed 3rd party applications.
- To just name a few, RegBak, RegKey, Registry Backup, Registrar Registry Manager, etc.
- Microsoft is particularly fond of its automatic updates capability, which downloads and installs updates while you’re not trying to get something done on deadline.
- However, the Redmond software giant isn’t pushing the upgrade to every eligible system at once.
- If faulty software components are causing installation problems, Windows Update Troubleshooter may be able to fix the issue and decrease download and install times.
In this method, we will disable the service responsible for checking, downloading, and installing updates for Windows and other programs including Windows Defender. Before proceeding, remember that some of the automatic updates will be security updates or important stability improvements that you will want to have installed on your system.
How to upgrade an old PC to Windows 10
Pearson uses appropriate physical, administrative and technical security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We use this information to complete transactions, fulfill orders, communicate with individuals placing orders or visiting the online store, and for related purposes. However, this causes paths to be difficult to read by mere mortals. Probably that’s why Microsoft didn’t make app settings in registry. It’s got a concept of “folders” too, only they’re named “keys”. That’s true there are options available to .net which are difficult to find, but by default the app.config https://windll.com/dll/other/unityplayer is pretty easy locate and modify. Technically, you can still write to the registry in .net, they’ve just provided a much better alternative.
To receive a Windows notification about all scheduled restarts, enable Show more notifications. In the Update & Security view, choose Windows Update. Check or uncheck the option for Keep my computer up to date. Under System and Security, click Turn automatic updating on or off in the Windows Update section.
How to Disable Automatic Driver Updates Windows 10 through Registry